2 months ago
Assistant Land Agent | Sporting | North England & Scotland
We are very excited to be working with an estate management firm with a heavy focus on sporting interests, primarily grouse moor management, and land agency work. We are searching for an assistant land agent or land agent to join a growing company.
We are working with an established company who are leaders in sporting estate management. Based in Scotland and the north of England they continue to grow through word or mouth and via delivering high-end shooting days. Primarily this role will focus on grouse moor shooting in the north of Enldage where new clients require estate management.
This role is a result of their client base expanding into the north of England.
As an assistant land agent or assistant land agent you will be responsible for:
- Running shoot days
- Day to day management of in hand and let agricultural property and enterprises
- Management of employees and estate staff such as keepers
- Financial reporting to include budgets, cash flow monitoring, dealing with purchases and sales and general approval of accounts/ invoicing
- Estate maintenance
- Health and Safety compliance
- Management and client reporting of various property interests/ projects
The Ideal Candidate
Someone with a solid foundation in rural affairs and sporting interests able to communicate across a spectrum of people.
- Graduate or APC Student considered. Would also consider RICS qualified (although not a prerequisite)
- Ideally a degree in Land Management/ Property Management/ Agriculture or similar
- Practical experience of rural land management, agriculture, property management, and related rural issues
- Knowledge of English and Scottish residential and agricultural tenancies and related law
- Knowledge of English and Scottish rural subsidy and grant schemes
- An understanding of statutory designations, how they affect the management of rural property in England and Scotland
- An understanding and interest in sporting management of rural property
- An understanding of general farming practice/ agriculture (upland and lowland)
How to Apply
There is a great salary on offer for the successful candidate and a package to match commensurate with experience.
If you would like further information about this role or any other opportunities within the rural sector we may have, please get in touch with Tim on 01780 480530 or email Tim@morepeople.co.uk