about 1 month ago
Assistant Store Manager
We are working with one of the UK's leading retailers in order to find an Assistant Store Manager to join their team in Cambridge. This is a fantastic chance for those who are looking for career progression opportunities, as there is a clear progression plan for the right person to be promoted to Store Manager.
- Offer the highest standard of customer service by adapting to each customers' needs.
- Ensure colleagues have knowledge of the product range and store layout.
- Deal with customer complaints by listening and empathising before providing a suitable response.
- Ensure cleaning duties are undertaken as required in all areas of the store.
- Maximise product availability by ensuring colleagues always act upon off-sales immediately; assigning them to the relevant area of the store to ensure replenishment of off-sales is the priority.
- Carry out the ordering of stock.
- Carry out spot checks on product quality, removing any products that are not suitable for sale.
- Responsible for stock rotation and deciding if all goods in the store are complying with Health & Safety and Due Diligence regulations. If necessary, they can take products off sale.
- Control the till procedures of their employees.
- Supervise till queues to ensure that every customer can immediately load at least one item onto the till belt, providing feedback to colleagues who breach this policy.
- Control the cashing up of the tills, manage deposits into the safe and hand over the cash bags to the security company.
- Responsible for the training/development of employees in their store, including Store Management training.
- Review forecasted sales and schedule hours to meet Operational Efficiency targets.
- Supermarket experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to sell products or services to customers.
- Excellent arithmetic and accounting skills
- Excellent in-store and product knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within the team or store.
- Leadership and management skills that demonstrate a potential for further development.
- Full UK driving license
45 Hours per week
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply below, alternatively, contact Michail on 01780 480530 or email@example.com