£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
About Our Client
Our client is a UK company which develops and manufactures quality prepared frozen foods in Vietnam. The majority is shipped to the UK and supplied to high-end retail and some food service in the UK.
Our client is highly regarded and growing steadily year on year. Recent opportunities have expanded our business considerably - with the volumes and ranges of their products more than tripling over the last 3 years (8m units last year).
They have offices in London and at the factory site in Vietnam, with a presence in Lincolnshire at their pick and pack operation.
About the Role
This is a key role that is integral to the day to day running of the business and its ability to grow. The main focus will be planning, forecasting and problem solving. It will ultimately suit a candidate with ambitions to take on Account Management responsibilities as they develop in the role.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and working closely with them, your other main points of contact will include the Logistics Manager and as the role develops, Supply Chain Planners and Forecast planners at our main Customer. Along with key stakeholders with our manufacturing partners, and storage facility in the UK.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have a planning background that wants to work towards account management you would be ideally suited to this role.
You must have in-depth knowledge of the food retail industry (FMCG) and their supply chains. Ideally within the Chilled/Frozen sectors.
You must have a good track record, gained within or supplying a major retailer (ideally M&S). Some exposure to the food service industry would also be an asset.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the food industry and the cost elements which affect the value of food
- Strong IT/systems use, with good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills, and the ability to data mine EPOS data to help support sales opportunities for the business. e.g. Dunnhumby/Kantar World Panel/IRI Worldwide.
- Confidence in delivering presentations and producing written reports which may form the basis of communication to customers or internal Directors: presenting solutions and influencing others.
- The ability and confidence to make changes and improvements within the business
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of the business affecting the forecast process.
- Be highly organised and structured, but also able to work flexibly within the team (UK and Vietnam)
How to Apply
Sound like you? Please apply below. To discuss the role in more detail, please contact Rae on 01780 480 530 or email@example.com Job reference RG15137.