£45000 - £60000 per annum
7 months ago
Design and Procurement Engineer | Sandwich, Kent | £45,000 - £60,000 + Loads Of Benefits
Are you an exceptional Engineer looking for your next role? Then this might be your dream job. This is a chance to work at the cutting edge of sustainable food production, helping our Projects team to design, procure and contract the plant equipment necessary to deliver our farms.
What is the role?:
- In this role, you'll be instrumental in bringing the infrastructure of that evolution to life, integrating designs and learnings from our existing facilities into new projects.
- You will be responsible for working with the Projects and Operations teams to scope the most appropriate work packages, identify multiple suppliers to tender, evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements - driving the delivery of a major multidiscipline construction project expanding our indoor growing facility.
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Director and will work closely with them on a daily basis.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the equipment, systems, and components used in our farms.
- Develop specifications in consultation with the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Develop, lead, and implement business cost reduction strategies through sourcing to improve our cost position without sacrificing quality.
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements.
- Challenge existing suppliers to recommend more cost-effective and/or more reliable products that will improve our competitive position. Assist in the evaluation and coordination of these recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- A background in HVAC or automation is a plus.
- Must be able to apply sound engineering judgment and professional rigour in the performance of all analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment, to take direction and function as a team member to solve a variety of engineering problems.
- Ability to execute tasks independently.
- PC skills including MS Office, and familiarity with Autocad / Revit is a plus.