£30000 - £35000 per annum
7 months ago
We are currently working with a leading producer of a wide range of fruit, directly from their farms in the United Kingdom, France, Poland and South Africa, with over 2,000 hectares combined. This makes them the largest growers of Blueberries in Europe and Africa.
Alongside the farming operation, is the UK packhouse where fruit from around the world comes in to be packaged and sent out to UK retailers and supermarkets. With over 20,000 tons of soft fruit passing through the facility per annum, this makes it the largest dedicated soft fruit packhouse in the world.
If you are looking to gain experience in a leading fresh produce supplier as a maintenance engineer, this is the role for you.
What does the role involve?
- Reactive breakdown response and repair.
- Planning, inspecting and carrying out scheduled maintenance (PPM).
- Checking machinery to ensure normal functionality.
- Liaison with other team members to identify and rectify electrical and mechanical faults on production equipment.
- Adhering to Health & Safety and Food Safety Regulations at all times will undertake repair and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical faults.
- Documenting maintenance activities.
- Diagnostic fault finding.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Welding and fabrication
Who are we looking for?
- NVQ Lv 2 / 3 mechanical/electrical engineering.
- 3 years of maintenance experience.
- General knowledge of health and safety.
- Someone with problem-solving skills.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can-do attitude.
- Solutions-focused and able to overcome challenges.