26 days ago
Procurement Manager | Horticulture | Wolverhampton
Are you experienced within Horticulture Practices with strong mangement skills? Read more below!
- To work effectively as part of a team, actively supporting other team members, whilst also being self-motivated to work on own initiative & without direct supervision.
- To be able to work accurately under pressure in a busy environment. To be innovative & creative in decision making & problem solving.
- Develop Improved Relations for Purchasing with other internal areas of the Business, particularly Sales & Despatch.
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand the needs of the customers and requirements to ensure that Purchasing can support the sales growth.
- Highlight and communicate any areas of concern within the operation in order that appropriate action may be taken by the management team and suggest solutions where possible.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to creating strong relationships with key suppliers in line with the overall Supplier strategy for each Business Unit.
- Maintain & nurture relationships between growers (direct) & grower groups through effective commutation and visits, and proactively.
- Work closely with the operational side of the business to ensure that a seamless service can be provided to the customer base including in the maintenance of the company stocks.
- Create, manage and achieve Departmental Budgets.
- Work safely and within company procedures as documented in the companies Environmental Management System, Plant Health Management System and Health and Safety Policies.
- Be reliable, trustworthy and have a positive attitude.
- A professional attitude towards the company, work, learning and others.
- Be enthusiastic, practical and driven with an eye for detail.
- Possess strong Leadership and Communication skills.
- Have experience of managing a team.
- Have a 'Hands On' and 'Can Do' attitude.
- An ability to successfully negotiate & influence across all levels.
- Possess strong Time Management skills and Attention to Detail.
- Be highly analytical and numerate with strong Excel skills.
- Ideally you will be CIPS qualified or similar.
- You will have experience of working to KPI's.
- Must be a professional horticulturalist.
- Enthusiastic, practical and driven to succeed.
- Innovative and creative in decision making and problem-solving.
- Full driving licence required as travel to other sites and suppliers will be required.
Working Hours: 39 hours per week, worked between 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 4.00pm Friday.
Benefits: 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years' service. Birthday Leave. Healthcare Plan. Pension. Cycle to Work Scheme. Referal Scheme. Employee of the month Scheme.
Interested to learn more? Contact Tor on 01780 480530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.