Depending on experience
24 days ago
Technical Manager | Supplier Facing | Food | Salary DOE
My client is a well established importer and distributor of foods from Europe into UK food manufacturers, wholesalers and restaurants. With a product portfolio of over 500 lines, my client is now looking for a supplier facing technical manager to ensure and improve quality at source.
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for managing technical supplier relationships across various product categories, in order to drive continuous improvement within the supplier base.
You will be required to visit supplier bases in Europe to audit, risk assess, approve suppliers and monitor performances.
You will be required to manage and implement QMS to ensure correct BRC standards, as well as internal audits to improve quality standards.
- Proactive and results driven
- Able to build strong relationships
- Take ownership of results
- Excellent communicator
- Degree (or equivalent) in food science in a related subject
- 3 years experience in a food safety role
- Proven auditing experience
- Proven track record of improving quality standards
- Experience of maintaining/building QMS
- Able and willing to travel across the UK and mainland Europe
Preferable skills include:
- Additional languages (Spanish / Italian)
- Experience with a variety of food products
- Experience of suppliers based abroad
If you're interested in this role, please apply below or for more information please contact Luan on 01780 480530 or email@example.com