Name: Tom Edmondson-Matthews
Role: Executive Consultant, Commercial
Joined MorePeople: August 2016
1. Describe your job in three words: Relentless. A-million-miles-an-hour. Life-changing
2. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? A CEO role in Malaysia with a big growth remit and an equity stake available
3. Which famous person would you love to meet? Martin Johnson
4. Favourite drink? I’m partial to a fruity IPA. Current fav is Elvis Juice but it changes often.
5. Best holiday destination so far? Miami, a great mix of food, sun, beaches and city hustle. Admittedly it helped that it was my honeymoon.
6. What are you currently reading? I just finished Too Much Time by Lee Child
7. Current favourite song? Current suggests it’s recent…I don’t really listen to anything post-2010 and a lot of what I listen to was made before I was born. My current earworm is, Pearly Queen by Traffic
8. If you weren’t a recruiter, what would you be? God knows. A property developer maybe
9. If you had to watch only one tv show over and over forever, which one would it be? Too many to choose from surely. How I met your mother, Suits, League of Gentleman, Peep Show…
10. What’s your biggest claim to fame? I had my 5 minutes of fame when I took 10 wickets for 4 runs playing cricket at 16 years old. I hated the attention.
11. Where were you born? Nuneaton
12. What’s your proudest moment? The birth of my two kids
13. Dogs or Cats? Dogs. Obviously.
14. Which football team do you support? I grew up in Norfolk in the 90’s…so obviously it’s Man utd.
15. What skill do you wish you possess? Speaking multiple languages.
16. What’s your guilty pleasure? Disney movies…I seem to love them more than the kids who we’re “watching them for”.
17. What did you want to be when you were a kid? A pilot…until I had a flying lesson and felt very ill
18. What three things are you taking to a deserted island? A fishing net, a machete and a flare gun
19. Do you have any phobias? I’m not a fan of spiders or heights but not sure it’s a full-on phobia
20. Where are you next going on holiday? Spain – my parents live out there so often go over to see them
21. What’s your least favourite household chore? Putting laundry away
22. Describe MorePeople in three words: Fun. Dynamic. Rewarding
23. What do you love most about your sector? We all love food, don’t we? There’s always something new to learn about where our food is made or grown or how or by whom. Learning about that is fascinating.
24. Who inspires you? My kids
25. What is the worst job you ever had? Distributing flyers