3 months ago
Agribusiness Consultant | Scotland
We are working with a very reputable and exciting consultancy business that provides valuable advice, strategic planning and support to farmers, landowners, and tenants up and down the UK. They provide an outstanding service to their clients with in-depth and original advice which has given them an excellent reputation with clients which is how they have built the business to date. This office is expanding rapidly and they are looking for an experienced candidate to join the continually growing team.
About our client
Our client is a leading organization where you will have the space to build your career to the next level. The role has arisen because of a growing client base as farming becomes a more complex and technical industry.
With multiple offices in the area and a client base to immediately work with this role would suit a range of candidates. With a flexible working arrangement including a good working from home policy, generous holiday they are a forward-thinking company keen to look after their employees.
Working with growers and landowners you will be providing ongoing business advice. Typical roles and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake Farm Business Appraisals
- Prepare reports and budgets in support of bank funding requests, specific projects including land purchases, business expansions and rent reviews
- Prepare reports and budgets to support tenders for FBT's
- Provide practical farm management advice to farm and estate owning clients
- Provision of technical advice where qualified to do so
- Draw up Contract Farming Agreements (CFA's) and Share Farming Agreements (SFA's) and subsequently manage them
- Undertake Basic Payment Scheme and Grant Aid applications
- Undertake applications to Agri-Environment schemes and oversee the management of these agreements
- Support the land agents with occasional practical advice
The ideal candidate
This is a client-facing role where building long-term relations is critical. A combination of practical farming and business experience is fundamental to this role. Experience working within agriculture and consultancy would be advantageous.
The ability to work autonomously and manage your own time effectively while maintaining a high customer service. Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
How to apply
There is a great salary on offer and package to match and will be in line with experience.
If you any questions please contact me, George, on 01780 480 530 or George@morepeople.co.uk