City and District of St. Albans
£34000 - £37000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Assistant Garden Centre Manager | Hertfordshire
£34,000 - £37,000
We are looking for an Assistant Manager from a Garden Centre or Food Retail background who is looking to be part of a unique and special Hertfordshire institution. You don't need to have horticulture qualifications, but if you have a passion for gardening, cooking or the outdoors we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a candidate who has previously worked in either a garden centre, food retail, giftware department or similar type of retail business and who has at least 10 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisor or management position.
As part of the senior management team, you will be a people person with a passion for service, an eye for detail, and very much hands-on, working alongside junior colleagues on the shop floor to coach and mentor, raise standards and deliver a great customer experience.
We are an independent business who are adaptable and can react quickly to new trends and customer demands, so you are able to suggest ideas and execute them to drive sales and improve the customer experience. We want the new assistant manager to take pride in the appearance of the store and ensure standards across all departments are maintained to a high level.
As Assistant Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with centre manager to plan team tasks, staffing levels and schedules
- Ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Training, support and coaching the existing team
- Work with centre manager to plan promotions, store layout and merchandising ideas
- Working with department heads to increase sales
- Liaising with suppliers, placing orders and checking-off deliveries
- Use your initiative to achieve results
- Day to day management of the team and delegation of tasks
Our Assistant Manager role is the ideal position for someone who has experience of managing a team of 10-20 staff in a busy store and is looking to work with a passionate team in a well-loved independent business.