€50000 - €70000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Commercial Manager | Murcia, Spain | Fruit
Salary and Benefits - Competitive and will be reflective of your skills and experience
We are working with a newly established, forward thinking Fresh Produce business, looking to develop a strong offering across Spain & Europe. This is a great opportunity to get in at the early stages of this exciting opportunity and play a key role in driving things forward for this new business. There is a clear strategy in place which will provide the focus needed to deliver what is a key strand of the Company's business plan going forward.
Ideally you will be based in Spain, although candidates based in other EU locations will be considered, on the basis that they will be available to travel extensively in Spain to visit customers and identify opportunities.
About The Role: -
- We are looking for a Commercial Manager, who has good knowledge of both the Spanish and EU Wholesale markets, to work with the recently appointed General Manager. This role will offer everything you would expect in a Commercial Manager position at a leading fresh produce business, with the added kudos of being responsible for helping to establish an exciting new business venture. Some of the specific duties will include: -
- Helping to establish the new office in Murcia, and the process of developing direct relationships with wholesalers across Europe, with a particular focus on Spain in the early days.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, define and implement the business plan for Spanish and European Wholesale.
- Identify and create new lines of business and potential partnerships.
- Market Research to maximise competitiveness of the company.
- Being responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships and contacts with customers in Spain and the EU to ensure a reliable and consistent commercial strategy.
- Identify new customers and growth areas.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that customer orders are packed, dispatched and delivered in accordance with agreed specifications/requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:-
- This is a great opportunity for either an established Commercial Manager or somebody looking to step up to that role.
- You must have strong background of selling fresh produce in Spain/EU and experience of dealing with Grapes, Citrus, Avocados and Berries is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of the Spanish Wholesale market.
- Experience and a proven track record of selling and supplying fresh produce (fruit) to Spanish/EU Wholesalers.
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English. Other European language skills would be a bonus.
- You will need to be driven, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and professional in order to drive this project forward.
- Excellent customer relationship skills are a must.
How to Apply:-
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Morten Andresen on 01780 480530 or apply via the link.