about 1 month ago
Competitive salary / Package
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary, inclusion in our annual bonus scheme and a range of employee benefits you'd expect from a market-leading business, including:
- Life Assurance - three times your basic salary paid to your nominated beneficiary.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme: providing a Remote GP service along with a 24/7 helpline for financial, legal, medical and life issues.
- A flexible & competitive annual leave entitlement that increases with service and offers an option to purchase an additional holiday.
- Personalised training and development.
- Employee discount and salary finance schemes.
- Recognition awards, an annual volunteering day and a free staff transport service*
- *Free Staff Transport Service covering: Lichfield, Tamworth, Burton on Trent, Cannock, Rugeley, and Burntwood.
What does the Business do?
We are working with a historic food manufacturing part of a highly sustainable French Co-Operative Group that has operations across 18 regions, with 280 farming outlets and 5 different divisions, which comprise Beverage, Dairy, Meat, Fresh Produce & Agricultural operations;
What does the Job entail?
- Work in conjunction with the Facilities Manager and Maintenance Manager to ensure all Engineering Health and Safety documentation and procedures from an engineering perspective across the site are adhered to and all the relevant documentation is up to date.
- Develop processes and procedures within the department. Ensure the department follows site policies and procedures and maintains department compliance records. Represent the department in all external audits.
- Lead and manage the wider engineering team to deliver people and site performance.
- Support the team with major issues, ensuring the factory is brought back into service promptly, and company procedures are followed.
- Develop the site's engineering strategy. Lead the implementation of all maintenance activities across the site to deliver agreed levels of performance.
- Develop the department's budget, ensuring the correct level of resources is available to ensure departmental targets are met and site efficiencies are maintained at the required level. Manage and control expenditures within agreed targets.
What does a successful applicant look like?
- Previous experience in Engineering Management in FMCG high care/risk chilled or frozen food environment making customer branded products for the major multiples
- Computer literate, especially Excel with the ability to interrogate data from systems.
- Project Management skills.
If you would like more information or just a confidential chat about potential new jobs across the UK, please reach out directly Jake@morePeople.co.uk or call 01780 480530