£80000 - £100000 per annum
15 days ago
Head of Engineering | FMCG Manufacturing | Bedford
Are you a head of Engineering looking for a new challenge in a fresh and exciting sector? Are you looking to join a forward-thinking industry-leading company?
Our client has the vision to be the global leader in providing clean and safe growing solutions by applying the right technology in control and automation throughout the entire process.
Our client provides provide quality services and products to support businesses in implementing new technology, processes, and skills training and provides licensing and endorsed research capability and opportunities.
About the job
The head of Engineering will be leading the ongoing development of the company's intellectual property in moving technology. This will include such requirements as:
To lead, manage and strategically develop the engineering teams based at all main operations sites across the breadth of the whole organisation, preparing budgets and inventories, and overseeing the proactive and reactive maintenance protocols
- designing new equipment, processes, procedures and systems
- purchasing and installing equipment
- repairing equipment
- responding to breakdowns
- investigating production problems
- making improvements to current operations to enhance efficiency
- supervising engineering and technical staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- diagnosing faults
- planning and organising maintenance
- liaising with suppliers, customers and research and development staff
The ideal candidate
- To have successfully developed and deployed engineering maintenance strategies
- To have worked very closely within or with a manufacturing team.
- Experience in using PLC, computerised analogue, and digital control systems.
- To have Lean manufacturing initiatives implemented.
- To be able to gain the respect of the team, whilst also, being a team player who believes in a total team approach.
- An innovative, logical problem-solving approach to tasks.
- Able to proactively manage effective change in a dynamic business environment.
- To assume the ambassadorial role required in this high-profile position.
Please apply via the link below or reach out directly at Jake@morepeople.co.uk 01780 480 530 Or apply via the link.