about 1 month ago
We are currently working on a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Production Supervisor to join an ornamental plant nursery in Cheshire. Established over 100 years ago, this family run business has experienced significant growth whilst still keeping its traditional values. Due to internal promotion, they are now seeking a Production Supervisor to support them as they continue to grow.
As Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for all aspects of nursery production including:
- Receiving and checking all incoming young plant material.
- Sorting incoming young plant material for different customer orders.
- Supervising the running of transplant lines/machinery.
- Ensuring the young plants are transplanted into the correct packs and pots and labelled correctly.
- General site maintenance.
We want to hear from candidates who are passionate about plants and have a genuine interest in horticulture. You will also:
- Have experience of working in horticulture (ideally commercial horticulture).
- Have solid plant knowledge (ideally in bedding plants) and an understanding of young plant material.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be eager to learn and willing to get "stuck in."
A standard working week is 8-5, Monday-Friday. Work on Saturdays will be required from March-June main season.
To find out more, please apply via the link or contact Edina Bremner on 01780 480 530 or email@example.com