about 1 month ago
Salad Farm Manager
£DOE + package
Are You The One We're Looking For?
Do you love salads? Do you have a green thumb? Do you want to be part of a family that grows the freshest and tastiest greens in the country? If you answered yes to all these questions, then you might be the one we're looking for!
An up and coming salad farm in Leicestershire, producing high-quality lettuce, spinach, other leafy greens for local and national markets are looking for a Farm Manager. You will oversee everything that happens on the farm, from planting and harvesting to selling and accounting.
You will also lead a team of hard-working and friendly farm workers who share your passion for salads and who are fanatical about producing the best of British food for their loyal customers. As BIG foodies, they all value the importance of every batch of salad they produce - always perfect quality, super healthy and seriously tasty.
You will need to…
- Apply your extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of growing a variety of field veg crops, from seed to harvest
- Ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety for yourself and others, following best practices and regulations
- Manage pesticide and fertiliser use effectively and responsibly
- Lead and support a team of workers, using your excellent people management and communication skills
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of all aspects of land preparation, planting, irrigation and the application of pesticides and fertilisers, using modern and efficient methods
Are you up for the challenge? Speak to me, Hannah Robson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01780 480530.