Up to £36500 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
Job Title - Technical Support Engineer
Location - Luton
Salary - £36,500
Benefits - Pension, Private Family Medical, Death in Service, Long Service Bonus, Annual Performance Bonus, Group Discount Card, Holidays 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
Our client has been established as one of the largest companies in the world for over 100 years turning over £4b last year. Specialising in the Design, Manufacture, Installation and Maintenance of Industrial machinery for the Automotive and Aerospace industries our client works with companies such as Rolls Royce, Toyota, Volkswagen, JCB, Nissan, Ford, and ITP engines.
With sites across the UK, Europe, North and South America, Asia and Pacific, and Australia, our client is looking to expand all areas of their business, up to 25% in the UK. Due to their expansion, they are now looking for an additional Technical Support Engineer.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with technical software enquiries from customers over the phone
- Solving internal and external software issues
- Training customers and internal staff on the software
- Cross communication on customer's networks, VPNs and IP addressing
- Dealing with Virus software accessibility and Firewalling
The client is looking for someone who has experience in Tech Support and has knowledge on troubleshooting issues across networks.
Full training on their own software will be provided, but a good working knowledge of networks and IT is a must.
- Must have excellent customer facing and communication skills
- Must have a recognised IT qualification
- Must have experience troubleshooting on software and networks
- Must have experience working in IT support
IT support in Manufacturing and Engineering would be preferred.