Name: Guy Moreton
Position: Executive Chairman
Time at MorePeople: Co-founded the business, so 23 years!
1. Describe your job in three words: Fast, fabulous, relentless!!!
2. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? An MD role for one of our great clients who grow salad crops and supply the retailers with fantastic UK home grown fresh produce…they have grown (excuse the pun) their operations massively over the past two years and intend to continue to develop their UK home grown production over the next 2 years
3. Which famous person would you love to meet? Barack Obama or dead - Elvis Presley!!!
4. Favourite drink: Banana milk shake!!
5.Best holiday destination so far: St Lucia…just THE best place in the world!!!
6. What are you currently reading? I am re-reading (on audiobook) Dale Carnegie “How to Win Friends and Influence people”, quite simply one of the best self-development books of all time….and the Santa Killer, a novel by Ross Greenwood and the 6th in the series about Detective Inspector John Barton…it’s v good!!
7. Current favourite song: Don’t break the heart by Tom Grennan & Billen Ted
8. If you weren’t a recruiter, what would you be? Selling flowers or cars!!!
9. If you had to watch only one tv show over and over forever, which one would it be? I love Friends and constantly watch the re-runs …it gets better and better the more you watch it!!!
10. What’s your biggest claim to fame? I was the first person in the UK to sell a pre-priced/packed cut flower bouquet concept to a UK retailer (1986 and was Tesco) and therefore was involved in the massive development of the UK retail flower sector right from the start!!!
11. Where were you born? In Birmingham
12. What’s your proudest moment? My kids, my grandkids and our business MorePeople!!!
13.Dogs or Cats? DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. Which football team do you support? Mad fan of Peterborough United
15. What did you want to be when you were a kid? Wanted to be a general in the army and for a while a farmer and a vet too!!!
16. What three things are you taking to a deserted island? Phone for the audiobooks and head phones (headphones include with phone PLEASE!!??) PLUS matches and a pen-knife
17. Do you have any phobias? I don’t like watching TV progs with loads of blood…….ironically I am absolutely fine with blood in real life, just on casualty!!!
18. Where are you next going on holiday? Not sure yet but possibly Majorca or Crete
19. What’s your least favourite household chore? Ironing
20. Describe MorePeople in three words: Great value for money, fast and dynamic and a great place to work …I know that’s not three words but it is three things!!!????
21. What do you love most about your sector? Pace, the people, the products…if I had to choose one, then the people we deal with every day make this job the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
22. Who inspires you? My hero’s in life are the people who do a job they hate in order to put food on the table…I have always been lucky to do a job that I loved….flower selling and recruitment…but people who get up every day to do a job they don’t love to earn money get my utmost admiration…otherwise people who get over adversity and make something of their lives after something awful or tragic or problematic has occurred….in terms of people…..Martin Luther King inspires me.
23. What is the worst job you ever had? I spent a few weeks collecting bull semen on a Milk Marketing Board AI (Artificial Insemination) Semen collection unit in Suffolk !!....that was fun !!!