Name: Max Johnson
Role: Consultant, Rural Professionals
Joined MorePeople: January 2023
1. Describe your job in three words: Rewarding, fun, transformative
2. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? A Head of Land Management role for a regional Wildlife Trust
3. Which famous person would you love to meet? I’d love to meet Brian Cox. A fascinating chap and his talks on the scale of the universe have me hooked
4. Favourite drink? A proper pint of Guinness, but with a meal a nice Merlot goes down a treat
5. Best holiday destination so far? Skiing in Norway, or Japan for the RWC 2019 final but most of that trip was sightseeing in Beijing airport…
6. What are you currently reading? The Cassandra Sanction by Scott Mariani
7. Current favourite song? Foreign Language – Nothing But Thieves
8. If you weren’t a recruiter, what would you be? – A Surveyor or Farm Manager
9. If you had to watch only one tv show over and over forever, which one would it be? Top Gear
10 .Where were you born? Hexham, Northumberland
11. What’s your proudest moment? Every day watching my son grow up. He’s 2-and-a-half at the moment and it constantly amazes me the things he can do and say.
12. Dogs or Cats? Dogs, definitely.
13. Which football team do you support? If I had to choose one, probably Newcastle as I grew up in the North East, but I’m more of a rugby man (Tigers)
14. What skill do you wish you possess? I’d love to be passable in a couple of languages other than English
15. What’s your guilty pleasure? Cheesy songs from the 90’s
16. What did you want to be when you were a kid? An airline pilot, which was still the case until I took a football to the face which caused minor damage to my left eye. Hasn’t affected my eyesight but I was advised it’s presence on my medical record would make getting my licence very difficult. Maybe why I dislike football!
17. What three things are you taking to a deserted island? A book, music and a penknife
18. Do you have any phobias? Not really, though unduly restrictive spaces can have the potential to freak me out a bit
19. Where are you next going on holiday? Tenerife in April 2024. Unless I make a few placements and can take a last minute skiing trip this winter
20. What’s your least favourite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom. Limescale is the devils doing!
21. Describe MorePeople in three words: Progressive, exciting, supportive
22. What do you love most about your sector? Talking to people who are really similar to me in a lot of ways and the idle chit chat that can ensue.
23. Who inspires you? My parents; anyone who can put up with me for 29 years is inspirational in my book!
24. What is the worst job you ever had? I had a pretty terrible job as a barman in a small country pub which was so quiet I was often the only one working. It was just dull! It’s now closed, sadly, but unsurprisingly.