Up to £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Accountant | Nottingham
We're currently working with a fantastic FMCG business known for it's commitment to quality and sustainability. They strive and pride themselves on produce a wide range of products whilst adhering to the highest standards possible.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Accountant to join the finance team at the Nottingham site. Now is a great time to join as the team is at an exciting stage with lots of opportunities for future development.
- Calculate and post accruals and prepayments including maintaining appropriate support, tracking and listings.
- Manage fixed assets.
- Responsible for central finance accounting and ownership for head office entities.
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Issue intercompany recharges on a monthly basis and ensure intercompany is reconciled monthly.
- Complete inhouse VAT returns for review.
- Submit pension information on a monthly basis.
- Perform payroll and benefits processes not covered by payroll function.
- Responsible for monthly consolidations and Board reporting.
- Work alongside the Senior Group Accountant and Group Accountants to produce annual Group consolidation and reporting.
- Continually work to address process and control improvement, through systems and manual process improvements.
- Provide cover, training and support when required.
What we're looking for:
You will need to be ACA/CIMA or ACCA qualified with experience in a similar role and/or experience within the FMCG/manufacturing industry.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own and prioritise efficiently.
- Good time management to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- "Can do" attitude.
- Full time, working hours Monday to Thursday 8:30 to 17:00 with an earlier finish on a Friday.
- Hybrid working arrangements
- 33 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Training and Development
- Volunteering days
If you're interested in applying then please contact Natalie Overland on 01780 480530 or at email@example.com