£28000 - £33000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Development Chef
The company in question is a renowned butcher catering company that prides itself on delivering exceptional meat-based culinary experiences to clients.
They are passionate about crafting high-quality meat products and providing top-tier catering services for butchers.
The company is looking for someone who can proactively develop ideas and product innovation within the meat arena. You'll need to manage the day-to-day running of the development kitchen including the production of samples.
You will need to plan presentations for both internal and external customers, as well as develop and deliver a planned calendar of reviews and taste panels.
- Manage the development kitchen function on a day-to-day basis and keep it clean. Develop a 'best practice' approach to customer food presentations at Derby, which ensures that every customer's needs are understood, fulfilled and exceeded on each visit.
- Manage and coordinate the sampling process from start to finish, including the production of customer-requested samples, and build a database of products sampled/developed whether launched or not.
- Work closely with production and technical teams to ensure developed products can be produced effectively
- Have an understanding of factory equipment and processes and how to translate into commercially viable new / re-engineered products
- Develop a category expertise of specific products, (beef, pork, lamb, poultry etc) to be able to create new menu ideas and innovation, using primary and secondary cuts.
- Research and seek opportunities to utilise trends and interesting flavour profiles and develop products accordingly.
- To constantly review existing menu items and develop ideas that could utilise existing Fairfax products.
- Accurately cost and ensure all development is commercially focused.
- Work within agreed NPD processes and actively look to improve when required.
- City & Guilds 706/2 or Equivalent Intermediate food hygiene.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a kitchen environment or food development role.
- Good knowledge of food service sectors
- Meat experience is preferable but a general understanding of meat cuts and carcass breakdown is desirable.
- Demonstrate experience in meeting client's requirements
- Hands-on experience with CRM systems and MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to travel as needed
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Access to high-quality ingredients and equipment.
How to Apply:
Click 'Apply Now' or email email@example.com