about 2 months ago
Are you a passionate, commercial-minded Finance Manager looking for your next career step? Are you driven by performance and keen to grow and progress? Can you deliver in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment?
We are working with a long-established and highly regarded business in Bourne, with occasional travel to Pinchbeck. They are now looking for a Finance Manager to join their team in Spalding.
About the Role
A hands on Finance Manager position, ensuring timely production of monthly Management Reporting, KPI's and responsible for Cash Management. Providing support to the Group Financial Controller and Ledger Controller whom manages the Sales and Purchase ledger function; assisting with query resolution as required.
To develop and improve financial processes and controls and KPI reporting to deliver improved control, data quality and performance. Working closely with the wider finance team to deliver business objectives as identified from time to time.
- Preparation of month end management accounts and supporting schedules in a timely manner sufficient to comply with internal and external reporting purposes.
- Month end stock calculations and journals, including accounting for payroll, prepayments, accruals, recharges, depreciation.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of key control accounts including all Bank reconciliations ensuring any differences are followed up and investigated in a timely manner.
- Actively assist with the preparation of forecasts and annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT returns and related filings.
- Actively support, coach and develop the Trainee Accountant and proactively input into their annual review and personal development plans.
- Preparation and presentation of weekly cashflow reporting to the Group Financial Controller for 2 entities.
- Hold regular reviews with Ledger Controller on the Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors position and follow up on outstanding balances as required.
- Preparation of the weekly GBP/ EUR / USD supplier payments schedule and banking across the Group.
- Preparation of monthly intercompany recharges across the Group and reconciliation thereof.
- Preparation of other regulatory reporting and submissions as required including Plastic Packaging tax / National Office Statistic / Duty Deferment and other 3rd party stakeholder reporting.
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller with the Group and subsidiaries' year end audit; and liaise with external auditors providing information and documentation as requested.
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies and embed additional process controls as required on behalf of the finance team
- Actively participate in any ad-hoc finance project work streams as required
- To undertake any other general duties reasonably requested by the management team
- Being compliant with policies and procedures and being an exemplar ensuring all Company, production, rules, regulations and safe working practices are followed and adhered to
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Accountant, ideally CIMA or open to QBE
- Experienced with production and ERP systems, preferably Sage 50/Hellenic/Navision
- Familair with the manufacturing/agricultural industry
- Experienced finance individual, having prior experience managing small teams. Supportive and hands on line management approach.
- Have access to own transport to allow full flexibility within role
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply below, alternatively, contact Natalie on 01780 480530 or email@example.com