27 days ago
Regional Finance Manager | Home-based with travel to Bristol, Cardiff and Southampton
Are you an experienced Finance Manager with a passion for fresh produce? If so, we have a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing fresh produce business with responsibility for management accounting, forecasting, commercial analysis and decision support relating to the Wholesale Market Branches within the region.
- Proactive Finance Business Partner providing support, challenge and insight to Branch Managers and Regional Directors.
- Support the Head of Finance as required.
- To deliver timely, accurate and relevant financial information including weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, KPIs and Variance Analysis.
- Identifying risks and opportunities to enable delivery of targets.
- Develop and continuously challenge and question the budget/forecast assumptions.
- Explain business performance variances and recommendations.
- Monthly review packs and meetings.
- Margin management.
- Attend monthly stock takes.
- Develop and understand distribution cost reporting & KPI's.
- Benchmarking performance.
- Monitor new business.
- Review of monthly accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
What are we looking for in you?
You must be a qualified accountant (ideally CIMA) with multi-site and management accounting experience within the fresh produce or FMCG sectors. It's essential that you're comfortable being the only finance person in the region and influencing non-finance colleagues. Other traits we are looking for include:
- Flexible team player
- Possess a 'can do' attitude whilst demonstrating tenacity
- Able to adapt to everchanging environments
- Ability to prioritise and manage your time
- Excellent communication skills in order to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Demonstratable experience of process improvement and stakeholder management
- Advanced MS Excel skills