£24000 - £28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Training Officer | Chelmsford
Up to 28k
We're working with a long-standing food business that supply various of industries with a wide range of packaged food products. This is a newly created position that will have a crucial impact on the training and development of employees within the business as well as also offer the opportunity to progress into a management position.
So, what will this new role entail?
As Training Officer, you'll report into the Health and Safety Officer to maintain control, standards and motivation throughout the entire workforce.
- Provide one-to-one training to all new employees.
- Utilize a variety of training methods and techniques, such as presentations, workshops, on-the-job training, and e-learning.
- Ensure training sessions are well-organized, effectively communicated, and meet the learning objectives.
- Adapt training approaches to accommodate different learning styles and diverse employee backgrounds.
- Assess the effectiveness of training programs through evaluations, feedback, and performance assessments.
- Continuously improve training materials and methods based on feedback.
- Monitor and track employee progress and performance following training interventions.
- Assist in developing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to training and development.
- Share acquired knowledge with colleagues and actively contribute to the improvement of training practices within the factory.
- Identifying training requirements & implementing the training plan for those requirements.
- Maintain training records, including writing and re-writing training guides, procedures, and workshops when required.
- Be responsible for the training buddy system, by training them, planning with them the training for new employees, and assessing the results on the line.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Any other day to day duties.
You'll ideally have previous experience in a similar role in either a food or FMCG manufacturing environment. You must have the desire to gain knowledge of all machinery used throughout the production facility as well as have existing knowledge of food hygiene, H&S and BRCGS. It's essential you're experienced in maintaining databases, records of training and other documentation necessary. Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
Other skills we are looking for in you would be:
- Co-operates and works well with others throughout the company, in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information, and supporting others.
- Strong understanding of food safety regulations, quality control procedures, and industry standards
- Being able to receive and follow instructions is an important aspect of your role.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple training initiatives, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and ensuring accuracy.
- Be tolerant and patient.
- Flexible and enthusiastic.
- People person.
This is a full time, permanent position with working hours Monday to Friday 8am until 5pm. Some weekend work may be required as per needs of the business, additional days are returned in lieu.