Up to £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Operations Finance Business Partner | Manchester
Are you a finance professional looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Then keep reading! We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Finance Business Partner (BP) to join a fantastic FMCG business in the Manchester region.
As an Operations Finance BP, you'll play a pivotal part of the finance team and be responsible for providing strategic financial support and analysis to the operations team. You'll work closely with operational leaders to drive financial performance, optimize processes and support key strategic initiatives.
- Support the implementation and operation of robust controls and reporting to ensure all cost of sales, Excise/CCT, and overhead elements are correctly recorded and reported in the period results.
- Support the implement and operation of robust controls and reporting to ensure that all packaging, bulk and finished goods stock accurately are recorded, reconciled, and valued.
- Support the implement and operation of robust controls and reporting to ensure that all returnable packaging costs and settlements are correctly recorded and reported in the period results.
- Support the development and implementation of variance reporting, analysis, and follow-up for KPIs across the entire Operations function.
- Work with Operations to develop and implement effective labour utilisation and line efficiency data capture and reporting.
- Perform routine material standard cost reviews and periodic SAP Standard Cost updates.
- Review basis of overhead allocation by product/customer to support product costing and quotations.
- Participate in the improvement of SAP Business Processes and the development of SAP Business Information Reporting.
- Assist with preparation of capital investment proposals and drive the follow-up post implementation reviews.
- Support the Senior Finance Business Partner and Operational colleagues across ad-hoc project work.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Commercial Finance to ensure volume and pricing decisions drive profitability for the business.
The Ideal candidate
You'll ideally be ACCA/CIMA qualified or studying towards and educated to a degree level. You will need evidence of your own career and professional development and strong desire to grow knowledge and skills base.
- SAP or similar ERP system experience would be very beneficial.
- Experience working in a FMCG accounting environment desirable.
- Experience working collaboratively across different functional area within an organisation.
- Excellent systems experience including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate level such as pivot tables and v look ups), Word, and PowerPoint.
If this sounds like your next move, then please contact Natalie Overland on 01780 480530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org